I was looking for an easy brownie recipe to make with my niece (5) and my nephew (7), so I sent out a request via FB and this recipe came back to me from my good friend Lisa. After substituting the chocolate squares for chocolate chips, we were ready to roll. We measured out all of the ingredients ahead of time and then it was a very quick and easy process after that, except until the end when there was a fight over who got to lick the spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius. Butter a 9 x 9 baking pan then line with parchment.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips stirring frequently to prevent burning. When partially melted, add milk and cream and continue to stir until everything is blended.
- Remove from heat, then add butter and sugar and keep stirring until smooth.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla and keep stirring.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, and baking soda. Fold flour mixture and salt into the chocolate and stir until blended.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Copyright © 2012, Olive & Ruby. All rights reserved.