2012 is almost over, and it has been an eventful year.There were so many highs that I can’t list them all, and there were several lows, which I’d prefer not to revisit. All of those experiences have changed me, for better or worse they’ve shaped me, stretched me, challenged me, and ultimately changed me.
* Launched Olive and Ruby (March 2011)
* Completed 4 more courses for my Culinary Arts certificate
* Travelled to Italy and Spain - Spent 1 week in Tuscany; 1 week in Rome & Florence; couple days in Barcelona
* Took Pasta making classes in Italy
* Made new friends and lost old friends
* Had my heart broken, fell in love again
* Humbled by illness that impacted people that I love, and seen the impact that prayer has had on their lives
All in all, it’s been a year of transition and preparation. I firmly believe that all of this is preparing me for an even bigger year next year. There are a couple people who have been very influential in my life this last year that I’d like to thank:
Claire – You continue to challenge me at every meeting and for that I thank you. You always push me beyond the boundaries that I set up, and I’m always amazed at how I’m able to push through to get to the next level. I’m looking forward to 2013 and rising to meet even more challenges.
Hugo – My workout husband :). You continue to push this old, tired body into doing new and very painful exercises but, it's paying off slowly but surely. I'm looking forward to more pain in 2013 (well not really :))
Mark – It has been a helluva ride this year. Sometimes I didn’t know whether I was coming or going but through it all, you were beside me – strong and steady, you didn’t waver. Without your love and support, I wouldn’t be where I am today – so thank you. I love you dearly, and I’m eager to see what 2013 brings for us both.
Finally to the two women who inspired this blog - Olive and Ruby - I continue to feel you lifting me up, and I will do you proud.
Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone and I’ll see you in 2013!
Copyright © 2012, Olive & Ruby. All rights reserved.