I think that I might be the last person in Canada to have ever heard about Rosie Daykin her amazing Butter Baked Goods and Café, located in Vancouver Canada. However that was immediately rectified on a recent trip to Vancouver to attend the 2nd annual Food Bloggers of Canada conference.
Not only was I fortunate enough to get my hands on a copy of Rosie’s Butter Baked Goods cookbook, but I was also able to sample many of the sweet treats featured in the cookbook during of our breaks. I was a little late getting outside to the treat table, and I literally got the crumbs that were left after the 150+ food bloggers descended on those goodies.
So when Rosie’s biggest fan – the president of her not-so-secret fan club - asked a group of bloggers to review of her book, I signed up. With 9 chapters to choose from, there was no shortage of recipes to choose from. Muffins, cookies, bars, cupcakes, cakes, pies and whoopee pies - there was no shortage of items to choose from. So I chose the Twice-a-Week (Morning Glory) Muffins, which can be found on page 35. Chocked full of goodness with carrots, raisins, pecans and shredded coconut, I can see why these are on the menu on Wednesdays and Fridays.
For more Butter Baked goodness, check out the other #ButterBakedBloggers:
- Jan from Family Bites made Orange Pecan Biscotti
- Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made the Butterscotch Walnut Bar
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Butter’s Classic White Cake and Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- Heather, The Tasty Gardener, made a Raspberry Custard Pie
- Libby of Libby Roach Photography made Vunderbars
- Robyn from Planet Byn made The Dream Slice
- Brittany from My Daily Randomness made Marshmallows + Smores
- Anna from Hidden Ponies made The Dunbar
- Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake
- Kristy from She Eats made Apple Bacon Cheddar Scones
- Sarah from (Cooking for) Kiwi & Bean made Jackson Pollock Popcorn
- Isabelle from Crumb: A Food Blog made Chocolate Pistachio Pound Loaf
- Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs made Kitchen Sink Bark
- Gwen from Devour & Conquer made Chocolate Honeycomb Brittle
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
* Contest open to Canadian & American mailing addresses only and who have reached the age of majority in the province, state or territory in which they reside.
MANDATORY: Simply leave a comment below and tell me your favourite baked treat!
BE SURE to click the widget options below for both mandatory and optional entries because you can’t be entered to win if the widget doesn’t know you’ve done it!
Giveaway closes Wednesday, December 3, 2014.
Copyright © 2014, Olive & Ruby. All rights reserved.