Today, I got asked, if I ever made resolutions and my response was no, I don’t. I create plans, set measures of success, and execute on that plan. For 2013, I have a series of goals that I’d like to achieve with Olive and Ruby, and I’m starting now so that at the end of this year, I can see how much I’ve achieved. This year, I’m going to
1. Cook more – I would still like to publish my grandmother’s recipe book, but I need to modernize her recipes, so I’m going to try that and share my experiences with you. I’d like to try and adapt at least one of her recipes a month.
2. Blog More – I’ve been trying to blog more frequently, and for the most part I’ve been doing at least two recipe posts, and one blog post a week. It seems to be working for me, so I’m going to keep that up this year.
3. Read More – My library of cookbooks was further enhanced this Xmas with the addition of these beauties. I’ve already made one of the dishes from the vegetarian cookbook Plenty, this will be featured in a blog post shortly. I haven't yet cracked open the French Laundry cookbook, but I'm really looking forward to working through that. This month I'm starting a 3-month introductory baking course, so the Art of French Baking and Professional Baking books that I got, will come in very handy once I get started.
4. Participate more – In 2012, I joined Food Bloggers of Canada and I’m so excited because I plan to attend their 2013 Food Bloggers Conference. I’m also stepping up my Social Media participation. This is the year that I stop lurking and start participating.
5. Start product reviews - I got this DeBuyer Mandoline for Xmas from a dear friend, and faithful blog reader who read this. I am sooooo in love with my Xmas gift, and have used it several times since I got it. I will be doing a full review of it this month so check back to see when it’s up.
So it’s the first day of the New Year, and I’m hitting the ground running.
Copyright © 2013, Olive & Ruby. All rights reserved.